Human Resources Specialist
Position Overview & Purpose:
Fresenius Medical Care, an $18 billion company and largest Kidney Care company in the world, is seeking a HR Specialist to provide Best in Class HR service and partner with our internal stakeholders at our Ogden, UT manufacturing site. In this collaborative role you will provide support for various Human Resource employee programs within the organization by guiding, developing and implementing HR initiatives focused on achieving business objectives. As well as provide coaching and problem-solving in areas including change management, employee deployment, employee relations, training and policy/procedure interpretation and implementation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general consultation and coaching to employees and managers in the area of performance management, including the deployment of performance improvement plans.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues. Partner with and coach managers and employees through the process. Diagnose and identify proactive steps to avoid recurring issues. Consult with HR senior management within HR. Legal and Compliance on highly complex or high-risk issues.
- Prepare, generate and distribute various reports organizing the data as requested. Track and communicate key HR performance indicators for assigned organizations on a monthly basis. Determine corrective action where appropriate.
- Gather data needed for internal and external audits. Partner with management to review current policies and procedures to remain in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Provide interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies, legal and compliance matters.
- Partner with managers to facilitate effective on-boarding of new employees.
- Develop, improve and maintain HR administrative processes, ensuring appropriate approval levels are obtained and timely processing.
- Assess individual and organizational training need.
- Maintain employee records by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion.
- Process requests for tuition reimbursement, special pay requests or other similar requests.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive working relationships.
- May refer to senior level staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Related HR work experience including experience working with internal stakeholders to support operations.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
- Strong computer skills including strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Workday and/or closely related HRIS software and HRIS reporting.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.