Senior Data Automation Analyst - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.
The Optum Sr. Data Automation Analyst is a responsible for analyzing data and business information in support of overall project objectives and deliverables. The Analysts works closely with the operations project team to extract data from variety of sources and develop automated scorecards and dashboards.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- As a key member of the Payer Provider Collaboration team, the qualified individual will:
- Be a valuable individual contributor
- Provide analytical reporting support
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Maintain communication with team
- Extracting data from large data sources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a critical thinker
- Technical abilities is a must - Excel (Macros), SQL, Access, etc.
- Has proven analytical skills
- Is able to communicate effectively across roles and levels within the organization
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Is innovative and effective at developing visual communication
- Has experience working with healthcare operations and technical solutioning
- 4+ year degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working with large data sets
- Experience as a technical data analyst
- Experience identifying data trends and issues
- Professional services/consulting or healthcare background
- Solid knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects, Tableau, Power Business Intelligence etc.)
- Expert knowledge in Excel (Formulas, Macros, Visual Basic etc.), Visio etc.
- Knowledge of data science and analytic statistics
- Proficient with extracting data utilizing query tools (SQL etc.)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze data
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Interested in continually learning and growing
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Flexible and versatile
- Process Improvement focused
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work both independently and as part of a remote or onsite team
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests
- Capacity for high productivity with repetitive work
- Solid customer service focus
- Flexibility and patience with handling changing demands
- Ability to think critically about data and information
- Resourceful; problem solving focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is effective and creative with creating visual content
- Data Analysis
- Able to connect and work with large volumes of data from a variety of sources
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel or other appropriate tools to analyze data
- Analyze data for accuracy and errors
- Analyze data to identify trends and patterns and potential root causes
- Able to communicate findings and outputs in a meaningful way
- Business Analysis
- Captures/documents business information relevant to a project
- Applies critical thinking skills to information collected
- Ability to extract from team members core requirements and business needs
- Comfortable documenting workflows and processes
- This is a telecommuter role
- Data Analysis
- Demonstrate Business and Industry Knowledge
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of health care industry and applicable trends
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of applicable regulations (e.g., HIPAA) and UHG policies/standards
- Maintain awareness of best practices/approaches related to quality and productivity and process improvement
- Continue to grow and develop business and industry knowledge to increase value provided to team
Performs In-Depth Analysis of Data
- Manages high volumes of raw and unprocessed data related to projects
- Utilizes industry standard analysis tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI or SQL to process and analyze data
- Compiles data as needed in order to evaluate for potential trends and patterns
- Summarizes data into a useable format
- Communicates findings and data outcomes to team
- Collaborates with client and team to resolve any data integrity issues impacting data
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.