RN Hospice - Southwest Medical - Las Vegas, NV
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients’ compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Southwest Medical Hospice is seeking knowledgeable, compassionate RNs to provide direct care to hospice patients in their homes or facilities. As a hospice nurse, you would work with other healthcare professionals to determine the best overall care for terminal patients. Additionally, you would provide emotional support to the patients' families. These positions offer potential for growth, a friendly staff and an opportunity to interact with patients and their families on a more personal level.
The Hospice RN will be responsible for identifying patient / family needs and for providing supportive care, coordinating the case among the Interdisciplinary Group team in accordance with the plan of care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families. As a hospice RN, you will be responsible for overseeing and participating in day-to-day clinical care of terminal patients and their families. You will also be responsible for clinical care and medical management activities across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating) as it relates to end of life palliative care.
- Coordinate with the RN manager to assure the client driven plan of care that strives to meet positive outcomes through ongoing evaluation using evidenced based practice
- Responsible for making certain that hospice care provided is compliant with state and federal regulations (documentation and delivered) through participation in chart review and following established process
- Responsible for participation in orientation, ongoing education programs and successful completion of competency requirements
- Responsible for providing services that are congruent with the policies of Southwest Medical Hospice within the scope of professional nursing practice as defined within the Nurse Practice Act
- Provide services to meet both internal and external customers' expectations
- Ensure hospice care is provided in accordance with agency and company Corporate Compliance Program
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current and unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- Willing to travel within the Las Vegas area into patients' home or facilities to provide comfort care and pain management
- Ability to participate in weekend and / or after hours care of hospice patients as needed
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in community health, critical care, oncology, HIV / AIDS, advanced illness or medical surgical patient care setting
- Hospice experience (preferably in home hospice agency)
- Knowledge of professional standards of care and laws and regulations applicable to hospice services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.