Client Executive II - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Client Executive is responsible for overall sales strategy, growth and relationship development for assigned health system clients. Externally, the Client Executive will establish deeply embedded C-level relationships and earn trusted advisor status with each client. Internally, the Client Executive will disseminate client-specific insights and direct cross-functional stakeholders in alignment with a well-defined account strategy to grow new and existing business.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Own the client relationship, serve as a client advocate, and cultivate a buying environment
- Create relationship development strategies based on industry subject matter expertise, networking and in-depth knowledge of client priorities
- Build CXO loyalty and trust in Optum products and services
- Develop a deep understanding of client organizational dynamics and purchasing patterns in order to triage and direct sales activities for maximum conversion success
- Partner with Solutions Sales Executives to pass leads, plan optimal sales approach and create work plans to achieve targeted sales opportunities
- Partner with Client Success Partners to sustain a buying environment by ensuring consistent delivery of outstanding value and service
- Achieve a growth quota of new business with existing clients and direct the sales process throughout the entire sales life cycle, acting as liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Leverage knowledge of client strategic imperatives to architect in-person activities that drive value and increase credibility
- Articulate team priorities and progress through effective communication within direct team and business partners across Optum
- Build and maintain knowledge of the entire range of Optum's products and services
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 10+ years of sales and/or key account management experience
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry (Payer and/or Provider markets)
- Experience bringing new solutions to existing clients to drive compelling value
- Experience diagnosing client needs and recommending dynamic and complex solutions
- Experience negotiating and finalizing pricing and contracts
- Successful track record of managing deep client relationships
- Successful track record of retaining and expanding existing client revenue base
- Success in leading a consultative sales experience, calling on and influencing senior executive and C-suite clients
- Executive presentation skills
- Ability to effectively lead the sales process and collaborate with teams to achieve sales goals
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders across a highly matrixed environment (ex. solution sales, sales support, legal, pricing, finance, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
- Knowledge of entire range of Optum and UHG's products and services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $70,000 to $140,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $70,000 to $140,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.