Collections Representative - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
It takes a special person to be effective in stressful situations. In fact, it takes a gifted, diplomatic and persistent person who can see past the challenge to a successful outcome. If that’s you, get with us because this role at UnitedHealth Group is all about special. You’ll consult directly with our customers who have outstanding medical bills to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. It’s an important role and it will take all of your skills. Join us and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you’d expect from a Fortune 5 company.
This is a challenging role that requires providing best in class service to our customers during their times of difficulty. It’s a fast-paced environment that requires focus and ability to multi-task throughout the day.
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Perform research on various computer systems and document customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Use mail, email and phones to contact customers to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtain agreement on potential balance payoff and/or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Prepare and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed/planned payment settlement details
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of insurance billing and payment posting experience
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and navigation, mouse and keyboarding skills
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 - $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW