Care Coordinator - DELTA - National Remote
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Care Coordinator role is a critical member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role reports to a supervisor or the Director, Health Services. Responsibilities are to ensure a positive patient experience with Landmark, as well as to build good relationships with local provider groups to ensure that Landmark is a reliable and trusted partner in patient care
This position is full-time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
This individual will be an integral member of the implementation team as well as providing many services to mature markets. Daily activities can vary week by week based on company needs. These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee daily operations (i.e. Daily on-call schedule, medical record uploads, management of consents, mailings, UV schedule, IV Packet readiness)
- Provide regular coaching and constructive feedback to Care Coordinators to enhance overall effectiveness
- Assist in development, documentation, and implementation of departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure Care Coordinator documentation meets Landmark standards and appropriate abbreviations are used Landmark Health Position Description
- Review and utilize Reports Dashboard data for management of the department
- Maintains relationship with market leadership, especially Supervisors of Clinical Operations to ensure coordination of care, understanding of policy/practice change that impact department or market
- Provide superlative and empathetic telephonic customer service for Landmark patients
- Actively listen and probe patients in a professional and timely manner to understand and evaluate patient needs, specifically if it is clinical or administrative
- Warm-transfer calls to Landmark clinical staff for clinically escalated situations
- Communicate and collaborate with members of the Landmark interdisciplinary team
- Utilize critical thinking and effective communications to help connect the value of the Landmark program to patients in need of more information
- Document non-emergent patient interactions across Landmark’s various communication methods
- Become a subject matter expert in the Landmark scheduling platform; manage the scheduling process for patients wanting to schedule new visits, reschedule existing visits and schedule needed visits as determined in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Build a thorough understanding of medical records retrieval process and own any piece of this that a market may require support
- Onboarding and training new hire Care Coordinators (CC)
- Manage internal and external referrals in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain patient consent forms
- Attend invited meetings which will often include interdisciplinary meetings and huddles should it be requested by the market leadership team
- Serve as the voice of Care Coordinators in company-wide working groups around process improvement and innovation as appropriate and directed
- Provide objective feedback to the market leadership teams with respect to observation of best practices, standardization, opportunities for improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a call center environment
- 1+ years of experience in a healthcare background with medical terminology and familiarity of clinical issues
- Experience with escalated customer service issue resolution
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM from Monday - Friday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associates Degree (or higher)
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with following a triage protocol
- Typing speed of 40+ (WPM)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physucuan employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patienct care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 - $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 - $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW