Manager of Regulatory Affairs - US Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position’s job function maintains and enhances relationships with state regulators and/or interfaces with business regarding regulatory affairs. Other responsibilities include preparing and submitting insurance forms and rates to state insurance departments as well as filings with CMS in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and working with regulators and internal legal and business teams to appropriately address objections and inquiries.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Specifically, this position will support the Surest large group work required from a regulatory perspective. Responsibilities include aligning with the business to:
- Manage team of filers responsible for form and other required filings related to large group fully insured forms medical forms for Surest
- Perform analysis and collaborate with business partners in order to respond to filing objections and inquiries in a timely manner
- Oversee status of all filings for team; provides reports to leaders
- Draft state specific regulatory documents (e.g. policies/Certificates of Coverage) for form filings in accordance with the laws and regulations of each jurisdiction
- Prepare filings for submission through SERFF and/or HIOS; complete all supporting documentation and certificates required
- Maintain proper documentation of files and correspondence
- Obtain and analyze state insurance regulations and statutes as necessary to respond to state insurance examiners inquiries and objections; coordinating with business and legal as appropriate
- Function as a source of knowledge and experience for other analysts
- Function as the liaison for all regulatory inquiries related to filings submitted
- Submit additional filings (e.g. marketing, network changes, etc.) related to Surest large group plans as applicable
- Provide relevant status updates to business and LCRA stakeholders and executives
- Additional research, tracking, and other ad hoc tasks as identified
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience working in health care, managed care and/or health insurance
- 4+ years of State Filings experience; preferably with forms
- 2+ years of supervisory/management experience
- Achievement-oriented to meet regulatory deadlines
- Solid computer skills with previous experience with MS Office, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with SERFF
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and ad hoc requests
- Ability to function independently in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational and communication skills; and ability to pay close attention to detail
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.