Java Architect - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Translating business requirements into coherent & complete solution architecture designs. Identifying emerging technology solutions in software service architectures, hosting, AI/ML, and automation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis,
application design, and code development & testing
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with business and IT
- Design, develop and test reusable frameworks, libraries, and Java components
- Work with other engineers and teams to create and maintain dev-ops processes,
application infrastructure and utilize cloud services
- Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Expected to adapt in dynamic and collaborative work environment and make
- Understand new product capabilities and decompose the implementation into specific
functional changes for verification
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases
- Collaborate with the scrum team to meet project timelines
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving
- Mentor and guide other engineers within the team
- Perform comprehensive testing of product distributions prior to release
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions
To learn about our corporate culture, employee benefits and other important aspects of our organization, [Register to View] style="color:blue">please click here
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in design, development, and implementation of enterprise
- 6+ years of experience with Java technology development stack (Java 8 +, Spring
- 3+ years hands-on expertise with building Micro Services, Rest API
- 2+ years of experience with Kafka or other event streaming technologies
- 1+ years building and deploying Cloud based solutions – Azure/AWS/GCP
- Experience with Shell scripting
- Experience with Docker and Open Shift technologies
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools such as: Jenkins, JPAC, Automation, GIT,
Artifactory, Fortify Scan, Sonar Cube
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.