Director Product Management, Clinical Services - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, Product Management will be responsible for developing the capabilities and refining the strategies required to effectively launch, grow and manage the products within the Clinical Services Product Line-preventive health, wellness, advocacy, occupational health and complex care management—to the federal market. You will be expected to balance the needs of our business and the experience of our users to ensure that solutions delivered are both valuable and viable. You will work closely with both key internal partners including Business Development, Operations, Implementation and Program Delivery.
The Clinical Services Product Director will define key business outcomes and product performance measures and be responsible for setting long and short-term product goals and manage priorities and financials against those desired outcomes. You are expected to convey deep knowledge of our users and customers and the data about how our customers engage with our products. The ideal candidate will have experience in Health Services programs, initiatives, and capabilities. You should be customer-focused, analytics-driven, deeply knowledgeable about industry trends and the competitive landscape, and ultimately, excel at integrating these strengths into a strategic roadmap and product strategy that responds to these needs and opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Expert in product line landscape and market opportunities; support for Growth Strategy
- Defined Solution lead for product line for all growth opportunities, new business pursuits and contract recompetes
- Creating and maintaining a solution development schedule including identifying and tracking key milestones and escalation to sales executive when key milestones are at risk
- Support customer engagement throughout the sales life cycle, including meeting with customers and strategic partners
- Assessment of contract requirements
- Determining required capabilities to meet defined requirements
- Leading collaborative solution design sessions and formal solution review sessions including delivery of a solution summary that will be provided to partners for delivery
- Creating a solution recommendation and product requirements that includes a make/ buy /partner analysis
- Supports capacity planning and pricing
- Development walking deck, customer briefing materials (decks, placemats, graphics) white papers, and proposal review materials
- Support the negotiation of intersegment agreements (including revenue, IOI or PTTR target relief and longitudinal capital investments) and external teaming agreements
- Basis of Estimate (BOE) development
- Creating the proposal’s technical solution content with necessary input from the cross functional team
- Support overall proposal development & review
- Develop product roadmaps for product line
- Owns the product lifecycle: iterations, improvements, end-of-life including the incorporation of feedback from delivery, customers, and the market
- Definition and analysis of outcome metrics that measure and benchmark product line success and support roadmap prioritization including the ability to craft a product line vision (short to long term) and convert that into a concrete strategy
- Participate in market research, validation, and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for new and existing features and functionalities
- Partner with business owners and agile product teams to build product roadmaps that will be incorporated into the broader company product portfolio plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of work experience in healthcare field
- 5+ years of product management / product development experience, with clear demonstration of results and increasing responsibility
- 5+ years of experience in Health Services program development and/or operations/delivery
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA, MPH, or related graduate degree
- Demonstrated experience with managing successful product lifecycles including product vision, market analysis, go-to-market strategy, prototyping, delivery, and post-delivery optimization
- Demonstrated experience in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to bring fresh ideas and new thinking and confidence to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communicator, with proven ability to build solid relationships and collaborate across a variety of stakeholders and senior leadership
- Ability to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements
- Solid organizational and time management skills in a goal-oriented, fast paced environment
- Self-starter with solid problem-solving drive and efficient work habits along with flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure environment and maintain composure and professionalism
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.