IT Director, Lab Benefit Manager OptumInsight Technology - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry—everything depends on it. At OptumInsight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
Optum created Lab Benefit Management (LBM) as a service offering through a strategic vended partnership. Sales for the service began in 2021 and the first client was implemented in August of 2022. Continued implementations and pipeline are seeing rapid growth and significant business value generation.
The IT Director of Lab Benefits Manager will report to the IT Director of Technology with both employee and contract staff direct reports. This position will partner with the LBM VP of Product, as well as the leadership of our strategic vendor to set the direction of the product, implementations, and operational management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interested candidates should be able to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and high-impact environment for an emerging product. Activities include but not limited to:
- Providing executive oversight and leadership for all technical aspects of LBM
- Vendor management
- Manage and engage with our strategic partner to set product roadmap, prioritize work, minimize risk, and improve processes and technologies between the organizations
- Pre-Sale Support leadership
- Consult with and advise Optum sales, business, product and technical leaders on how to leverage existing technology and data integrations for future product selling opportunities
- Participate in product sales as an IT product expert to share architecture, capability, and technical solutions to support value propositions to existing and new clients
- Product implementation management
- Develop technical product and data roadmaps
- Keep the pulse of multiple client implementations enabling cross organizational coordination
- Act as a technical escalation contact for LBM IT concern from clients
- Production Operations Management
- Manage through multiple internal and strategic vendor to establish highly optimized operational capabilities supporting multiple clients
- Maintain SLA commitments with clients and vendor
- Create and monitor reporting for product financial performance for client, Optum and vendor
- Resource management (matrixed and direct)
- Manage matrixed and direct (employees and contractors)
- Create and maintain resource plans
- Communication (Internal, External, Vertical)
- Establish and maintain relationships of trust with internal and client IT leaders
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to business and technical team members at all levels
- Establish and maintain relationships of trust with internal IT teams, client account managers, clients, and strategic partners
- Able to represent Optum in client facing technology strategy discussions but also able to converse productively with internal technical resources on technical topics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of IT program management experience
- 8+ years of technology experience with software product development lifecycle
- 8+ years of experience with new client technical and data implementations
- 3+ years of direct external client engagement experience
- 3+ years of vendor management
- Proven experience translating high level and sometime ambiguous business requirements into effective and practical technical architectural concepts
- Excellent communication skills with senior level client facing experience
- Expert level (broad and wide) understanding of health care technology and data trends relevant to both payers and providers
- Proven technology leadership success in delivering significant business value working in both large corporate IT environment and small start-up IT environment
- Graduate degree
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.