Senior Administrative Assistant - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The role of the Senior Administrative Assistant is to provide a wide variety of executive level administrative support to members of the Optum Health Solutions Oncology, Specialty, and Kidney product teams.
Responsibilities include maintaining calendars for senior leaders, setting up meetings, coordinating travel, tracking expenses, and helping plan onsite meetings. This is a fast-paced working environment that requires the ability to multitask with attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
This position will also have BSL (Business Segment Liaison) responsibilities including new hire onboarding / offboarding, equipment ordering and set-up, software purchases and office supply ordering. Senior Administrative work will involve direct client interaction.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Possess solid verbal and written communication skills
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office
- Maintains Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status
- Creates / prepares meeting materials (e.g., agendas) and ensure distribution to appropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Schedule, coordinate, and/or set up resources and technology needed for meetings / events
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed
- Prepares meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 3+ years of administrative support to senior leadership in a corporate setting
- 1+ years working experience with Microsoft Office: MS Word (creating, editing, and saving documents), MS Outlook (email and calendar management), MS PowerPoint (creating, editing, and presenting slide decks), and MS Excel (filtering, sorting, and editing data in spreadsheets, formulas and creating pivot tables)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associate Degree (or higher)
- 5+ years of experience supporting C-suite & VP level or higher management
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Business Segment Liaison or onboarding experience (or willingness/ability to become certified as an Optum BSL)
- Located in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area with a willingness to come into the office as needed to help with onsite meetings
- Trustworthy with the ability to handle confidentiality of information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, intellectually curious, willingness to probe above the surface and ability to think beyond the task at hand
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $18.17 to $32.26. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 to $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.