Rep Billing - Sr.
Rep Billing - Sr. - Anderson, SC - Monday -Friday , 8:00am - 5:00pm
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
In an environment where the patient is at the center of everything that we do the individuals in this position typically works with Billing Representatives and other employees handling complex billing issues for the purpose of collecting revenue for the organization. Will work with Patient, Client and/or Third Party insurance bills.JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Able to perform all duties required of a Billing Representative.
- Provide training for new and/or existing team members on reports, SOPs and carrier information as required.
- Track and trend daily production and quality performance on new hires.
- Proactively identify QC issues for new hires.
- Develop and implement action plans for improvement in conjunction with the Team Leader.
- Interpret and communicate procedural and billing guidelines to the department.
- Maintain and update departmental business rules and SOPs.
- Compile and prepare specialized reports for distribution to management and reps.
- Coordinate with IT departments on billing departmental initiatives. May be a certified Medical Coder or involved with medical coding.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent 1 year experience in Patient, Client or Third Party insurance billing, experience in multiple operational areas or QA/QC preferred Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft applications, with specific proficiency in Excel
- Ability to clearly convey procedural information, issues and requirements
- Proven ability to provide coaching and training in a collaborative manner
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work overtime as needed based on department needs.