Associate Director, Strategic Finance - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this job family have responsibility for financial accounting (statutory/GAAP Accounting), investment, cost accounting, accounts receivable/payable, etc. This family also includes all positions responsible for financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, financial planning, audit, tax and treasury, health care economics, and any financial support of a business department, excluding billing, underwriting, actuarial, pricing and network pricing. Positions in this function generate forecasts and analyze trends in sales, SG&A, provider performance, product line profitability, membership, medical costs, premium yields, and other areas of business. Researches economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning. Presents findings and recommendations to management. May include responsibility for budget planning and analysis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team / leadership level
- Develop multi-year pro forma pricing models for client contractual proposals
- Analyze long-term impact of proposed client contractual changes v. current structure
- Reconcile data between revenue models and accounting system
- Tracks revenue, savings, and quality metrics
- Responsible for updating the long-term financial plan
- Analyzes variances between current and prior financial updates
- Develops, performs, and manages analyses of business/financial metrics and performance measures
- Balances the needs of business, segment, and enterprise constituencies (e.g., triaging requirements)
- Develops and maintains financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Knows where to obtain all relevant data and uses financial reporting software to efficiently meet the reporting needs of management
- Understands and incorporates industry specific metrics into reports to highlight relevant trends and support fact-based business decisions
- Produces clear, well-formatted reports that communicate a clear, compelling message
- Develops, performs, and manages all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Works closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Leads in the financial management of capital, operating expense and develops metrics, benchmarks and analytics to guide the appropriate investment in infrastructure
Job Scope and Guidelines:
- Owns output at task level
- Work is generally limited to own function
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Develops plans to meet short-term objectives
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact individual employees and/or customers (internal or external)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
- 6+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- CPA or MBA
- Advanced knowledge of Health Care industry
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.