Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9am-6pm Central Time Zone. No nights, no weekends, and no holidays!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Outbound calls to members who are diagnosed with Behavioral Health needs and provide coverage to an inbound queue
- Perform assessments via phone
- Provide behavioral health benefit education
- Assists enrollees with understanding and locating community support services and outpatient behavioral health resources
- Escalates cases to clinical team partners
This position may also be responsible for the development and accuracy of the Resource Referral network, using research, investigative, interviewing, and assessment techniques to locate resources of integrity and quality. This position will also coordinate the facilitation of Vendor services. This position is expected to be able to answer a high volume of calls, document information from each call into the computer system and maintain complete discretion and confidentiality.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [Register to View] style="line-height:inherit; color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline">http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma GED (or higher) or 4 + years of equivalent call center experience
- 1+ year managed care experience
- 6+ months behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint behavioral outpatient practice)
- 6+ months experience being able to problem-solve and the ability to use community and network resources to meet members' needs
- Intermediate proficiency use of computer, including internet searches and MS Office applications
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) and is able to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work, psychology, or related field
- Working knowledge of community-based resources and services
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with the adolescents, children under 12, aged, blind or disabled
- Strong oral and written communication skills — specifically telephone skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and scheduling skills as observed in day-to-day work
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, as observed in day-to-day work
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility, ability to follow through on all tasks in a timely fashion, good attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Able to handle sensitive issues with members and providers in a confidential manner
- Demonstrates initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- Strong spelling and highly legible handwriting; type 30-40+ wpm accurately
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [Register to View] .
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 to $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Wellness Coordinator, Care Coordinator, UnitedHealth, Optum, Telecommute, work from home, work at home, #RPO, WAH, remote, WFH, virtual, behavioral health, behavioral, mental health, substance abuse, #hiringimmediately, #Green