Patient Access Representative (MarinHealth) - Northern CA
$2000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full - time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:00 AM- 6:30 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time zone) including the flexibility to work evenings and weekends based on business need. Our office is located at 505 SIR FRANCIS DRAK, GREENBRAE, CA. The location will vary between 3 facilities within 5 - 10-mile radius:
- MarinHealth Breast Center (100A Drakes Landing Rd, Ste 140, Greenbrae, CA, 94904)
- MarinHealth Outpatient Imaging Center South (1240 S Eliseo Dr, Ste 103, Greenbrae, CA, 94904)
- MarinHelath Outpatient Imaging Center North (4000 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael, CA, 94903)
- Manage administrative intake of members
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities, and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations
- Assist the clinical staff
- Handle resolution / inquiries from members and/or providers
- To maintain and retrieve Radiology files and result reports
- To provide Radiology receptionist duties at desk and telephone
- Performs patient check-in and completion of all demographic and protocol - specific information necessary for a complete scheduled exam
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Ability to rotate between 3 facilities within 5 - 10-mile radius of one another
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on business need
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 AM- 6:30 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time zone)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of clerical OR secretarial experience in a health care setting with computer - based familiarity
- Basic (or higher) level of skill in word processing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to learn and operate any computerized radiology information systems
- Healthcare background
- Completion of business school or related training, including computer courses
- EPIC experience
- Experience with working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Experience with working in a hospital, physician's office, OR medical clinic setting
- A clerical OR administrative support background
- Ability to multi - task, working in multiple systems at a time
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of internal and external visitors and callers
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks despite frequent interruptions
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members, hospital staff, physicians, and outside agencies
- Ability in database management
- Ability to operate standard business machines, such as personal computer, fax machines and copier
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED