Internal Audit Consultant-ICFR - Hybrid in Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Consultant will be responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting in compliance with corporate objectives and government regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and Model Audit Rule (MAR). The ICFR Consultant will liaison with external auditors and regulatory examiners, coordinating all internal and external financial controls testing. In addition, this position also guides and administers the scoping, documentation, and certification of financial reporting controls supporting SEC, statutory, and customer SOC reporting for various enterprise entities. This role supports the creation of ICFR methodology, training and the implementation of ICFR process improvements that drive operational efficiency, quality and financial performance.
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN, you will have the flexibility to work from home and in the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist with financial statement scoping to determine focus of annual ICFR program for SOX, MAR, FDICIA, and INCA
- Oversee the testing of financial reporting controls to ensure controls are tested as scoped and documented
- Create and facilitate training to internal testing teams on a broad range of ICFR topics
- Coordinate audit requests and methodology updates with internal testing teams and external auditors
- Communicate status and results of ICFR testing with senior management, external auditors, and regulatory stakeholders
- Monitor and report on financial reporting risks and controls
- Assist with regulatory examination requests
- Champion and cultivate the ICFR culture within the business
- Perform follow-up on ICFR action plans and deficiency evaluations
- Participate on special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
Value Based Competencies:
- Integrity Value: Act Ethically
- Compassion Value: Focus on Customers
- Relationships Value: Communicate Effectively
- Innovation value: Support Change and Innovation
- Performance Value: Make Fact-Based Decisions
- Performance Value: Deliver Quality Results
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Technology, or related discipline
- 2+ years of public accounting and/or progressive audit experience
- Proven understanding of auditing concepts, principles, and how to apply them
- Demonstrated interpersonal and analytical skills while working effectively with a team
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make a positive impact while managing multiple tasks and shift priorities
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Audit, Assurance or Risk related certification
- 3+ years of public accounting and/or progressive audit experience
- Experience working at a large national firm
- Proven understanding of internal control concepts and their practical application
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal control experience
- Healthcare industry or public accounting experience
- Experience in health insurance systems
- Experience working in a complex IT/IS environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.