Claims Adjustment Specialist - National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The health care system is still evolving at a rapid pace. Technology is driving new advances in how patient care is delivered and how it’s reimbursed. Now, UnitedHealth Group invites you to help us build a more accurate and precise approach to claims adjudication. As a Specialist, you’ll be responsible for reviewing and making adjustments or corrections to processed claims through researching, investigating issues and making and communicating determinations. You’ll authorize the appropriate adjustment ensuring compliance with all requirements and serve as a point of contact for questions/escalations from internal and external customers. Join us and build your career with an industry leader.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Review and research more complicated claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms
- Capture accurately pricing, prior authorizations, applicable benefits, coding and other information
- Update claim information based on research and communication from member or provider
- Complete necessary adjustments to claims and ensures the proper benefits are applied to each claim
- Communicate extensively with members and providers regarding adjustments to resolve claims errors/issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
This is a challenging role with serious impact. You’ll be providing a senior level of support and subject matter expertise within a fast paced, intense and high volume claims operation where accuracy and quality are essential.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to compose grammatically correct correspondence that translates medical and insurance expressions into simple terms that members can easily understand
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 - $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $20.00 - $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.