Sr Route Service Rep
Sr Route Service Rep - Twinsburg, OH - Monday-Friday
Sr. Route Service Representative (Sr. RSR) is a highly visible role representing
Quest Diagnostics to the public, our patients and customers while safely and
efficiently transporting specimens. The Sr. RSR is responsible to follow an
assigned route and accurately pick-up, scan, sort, store and track patient
specimens and deliver other materials and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage and develop
relationships with customers and communicate client concerns to local
- Scan and document specimen
type, thermal state and quantities, in the required format, maintaining
complete and accurate records of specimen pick up and transport.
- Protect specimen integrity by
correctly sorting and maintaining specimens at the appropriate temperature
utilizing appropriate transport devices.
- Set a high standard of
performance by adhering to all processes and Standard Operating Procedures
- Adhere to schedule/route
requirements in alignment with business and customers’ service
- Maintain effective,
appropriate level of communication with Local Leadership, Group Leaders
and/or Dispatch as needed to ensure on-time/efficient pick-up, service
levels and to report service impacting issues.
- Operate company vehicle
safely and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record within
acceptable company guidelines.
- Properly care for and
maintain company equipment including scanners, telephones, vehicles etc.
Communicate any deficiencies with equipment.
- Identify opportunities to
create more efficient work processes and procedures.
- Complete all required
training by assigned deadlines.
- Other duties as defined by
- May serve as a
Peer Mentor for employees in their 1st year following Peer
Mentor Program Guidelines
occasionally cover additional routes as a short-term solution
Required Work Experience:
- 1-3 years with Quest Diagnostics experience as a Route Service Representative with Fully Meets Expectations Performance Evaluations
- Valid Driver’s License in good standings for the last 36 months (reviewed annually)
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with Leaders and peer group
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to follow company and department policies and procedures
- Ability to operate basic office equipment and utilize proficient computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Integrity and a commitment to values
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Able to get in and out of a vehicle multiple times per day
- Extensive use of phone and hand-held scanning
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 50
pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
- Able to climb stairs multiple times per day
- Able to see in limited light
Sr. RSR is routinely assigned one to two routes which may include: Routine,
STAT, Weekend and/or Shuttle/Relay Routes
- Strong attention to detail, a mindset of
continuous improvement and customer focus are keys to success in a Sr. RSR role
Required Education: High school diploma/GED strongly preferred, or commensurate work experience.