Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement - Atlanta, GA
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
The Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement, reporting directly to the General Manager or Executive Director of the marketis is responsible for designing, setting and executing local outreach strategy, and for ensuring that their market meets or exceeds annual engagement targets. In addition, the Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement will have both HR and performance responsibility for the local market Community Health Advocate employees.
The Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement will lead regular meetings with the CHA team, and local market leadership, prioritize local outreach activities and allocate local outreach resources. This supervisory role will require close performance management of individual local Community Health Advocate employees. In addition, the Manager, Community Outreach and Engagement will liaise closely with the Market General Manager/Executive Director/Regional Medical Director to (i) set, define or modify local outreach strategy and (ii) monitor, on a weekly basis, local outreach productivity and performance relative to budget.
If you are located in Atlanta, GA metro area you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides coaching, and performance management to serve as an expert resource to the team, while working closely with local market leadership to drive the effective execution of monthly engagement strategies and tactics
- Leverage reporting and dashboards to analyze referral patterns for prioritization of telephonic and field-based outreach to members
- Identify and execute innovative engagement strategies to enroll patients into the Landmark Health program
- Source, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with strategic partners in retirement communities, assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, physician offices and other community organizations
- May work flexible or extended hours to accomplish business goals
- The position offers opportunity for a substantial Quarterly bonus opportunity tied to individual and market production and performance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of business development experience in healthcare
- 3+ years of management / leadership/ sales management experience
- 1+ years success meeting or exceeding sales targets or goals
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent project management skills
- Overnight travel may be required statewide in GA
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of related experience, including a supervisory role in a sales, direct marketing or customer service role with direct responsibility for assigned clients or accounts
- Experience in healthcare and / or health plans
- Sales management experience in healthcare
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- Proven success with time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.