Dignity Health Correspondence Representative - San Juan, PR
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This position is responsible of the preparation of correspondence packets virtually to be printed locally. Review EDM batch folder and move documents to the correct folder. Index documents that are not auto indexed in Health Logic Portal (work around for Health Logic Portal). Ensure that outbound correspondence meets all HIPAA requirements. (refer to previous slide for tasks/scope).
- Ability to work within several systems simultaneously to assess and complete the appropriate action identified for the inquiry and request received
- Understanding and comprehension of all forms of payer correspondence to identify the patient(s) related to the documentation and appropriate posting to all identified accounts
- Review account information and correspondence received in order to determine the next action required and by whom within the Business Office
- Work the file request received to distribute correspondence to customers to inform them of needed actions (e.g. patient response required, payer review for payzent, etc.)
- Record correspondence information within relevant systems and accounts fully and accurately for status notification
- Ability to clarify with payer the actual records required to ensure HIPAA is observed for release of records
- Understand and comply with current HIPAA requirements surrounding protected patient documentation
** ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION **
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience in Collections, Billing or Claims
- Experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft and Adobe Acrobat (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work 40 hours / week during standard business operating hours Monday - Friday from 9:30am – 6:30pm AST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work overtime or weekends
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Associate degree
- Experience with WinZip and Adobe Acrobat (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents)
- Medicare/Medicaid knowledge
- ICD-10 / CPT Knowledge
- Patient financial services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.