Patient Access/Accounting Supervisor
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Patient Access/Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of registration, billing and collections of laboratory services. Responsible to supervise and provide direct oversight of a complete registration, claims submissions, accounts receivable, collection, and reimbursement management. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support the Organization’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Requires a strong leader with the ability to supervise staff (Domestic and Global) Off accounts receivable and overall efficiencies within their team and department
- Analyzes trends impacting payers, charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable
- Ability to prioritize, plan and direct the teams performance to meet set goals
- Understand the multiple health insurance groups and how to identify
- Review registration, claims and denials to ensure accurate information is obtained
- Manage compliance of all federal, state and private insurance carrier requirements
- Fosters an environment that promotes teamwork and positive communications within the service area and department
- Works collaboratively and strategically with the Revenue Cycle team to develop and operationalize processes and procedures, with continuous process improvement activities
- Contributes to the ongoing performance management, to include quality assurance and process improvement activities
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals, monitoring productivity and quality, and conducting weekly team meetings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 5+ years of experience in a registration, billing or collections position
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a patient registration or patient accounting environment with experience in registration, billing, or collections
- 2 + years of knowledge of clinic or hospital insurance billing requirements for all federal, state and local agencies and third party submissions, as well as collections regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Outlook (manage email and calendar), Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit slides), and Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $45,100 to $80,200. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $49,800 to $88,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.