WellMed Home Health RN Hidalgo County
**$5000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
Opportunities with Homecare Dimensions. For more than 20 years, Homecare Dimensions has been bringing compassionate and skilled care into the homes of patients throughout Texas and Florida. Our focus on combining empathy with quality of care enables us to effectively act as a supportive partner to primary care providers. And that makes our organization a perfect fit to Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Career opportunities with Homecare Dimensions provide you with flexibility, autonomy and incredible support. More importantly, you’ll discover the tools, resources, training and technology that only a leader like Optum can provide. Want to make a bigger difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Provides skilled nursing services and assists with the coordination of home health care services for assigned patients. Ensures quality and safe delivery of home health care services in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies.
This position is full-time with excellent hourly compensation, benefits within 30 days that include PTO, paid holidays, annual bonus potential, annual reviews, tuition reimbursement, mileage reimbursement along with opportunities for continued career progression! All clinical licensures and required CEU costs are covered.
- Performs nursing assessments and develops, implements and evaluates plans of care in conjunction with the physician, patient and caregivers per agency policy and procedure
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care, the patient’s response to care and outcomes of care and revises the plan of care as needed
- Re-evaluates patient nursing needs to include on-going assessments using the OASIS data set at appropriate time points
- Provides skilled nursing services that require substantial and specialized nursing care including medication administration, wound care, therapeutic treatments, and skilled teaching as ordered and indicated
- Plans and implements patient health teaching and health counseling regarding the disease process(es), self-care techniques and prevention and involves the patient’s significant others in accomplishing health goals while promoting patient/family independence
- Participates in health promotion and disease prevention activities
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures following the physician’s plan of care
- Coordinates services and scheduling with the Clinical Team Manager (CTM) and Clinical Team Coordinator (CTC) to include recommendations for additional home health care services for patients to within 24 hours of Start of Care (SOC)
- Assesses the patient's condition during every home health care visit; insures assessments are communicated to the Clinical Team Manager on a daily basis; nursing interventions are implemented to meet patient needs and changed conditions
- Performs care management duties on patients as assigned including: notifying the physician of changes in the patient’s condition or progress toward goals, obtaining needed physicians orders, reassessing the patient for recertification, supervision of LVNs and home health aides, attending and documenting case conferences, coordination of care by reporting of significant findings to others on the healthcare team, and planning for, notification of and documenting the discharge of the patient
- Documents all communications with the patient, family, physician, CTM, pharmacy, other disciplines, and appropriate others as indicated on communication notes
- Prepares a written plan for the Home Health Aide to follow, if applicable
- Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current unrestricted Texas RN license or compact license
- BLS certification or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Wound Care
- 1+ years of experience in home health care or related environment
- Developed computer skills
- Ability to lift and transfer patients
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- IV Certification
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi - specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.