Appeals & Grievances Supervisor - San Juan, PR
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise or general support to teams in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating and resolving all types of appeals and grievances. Communicates with appropriate parties regarding appeals and grievance issues, implications and decisions. Analyzes and identifies trends for all appeals and grievances. May research and resolve written Department of Insurance complaints and complex or multi-issue provider complaints submitted by consumers and physicians/providers.
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
- Owns output at task level
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Develops plans to meet short-term objectives
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan
*** ENGLISH PROFICIENT ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION ***
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate Degree,equivalent credits approved (60 credits), or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience as a: SME, Trainer, Team Lead or Supervisor
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience with Microsoft Tools: Microsoft Word (creating memos, writing), Microsoft Outlook (setting calendar appointments, email) and Microsoft Excel (creating/editing spreadsheets, filtering, navigating reports)
- Ability to work 40 hours / week during standard business operating hours Monday - Saturday from 7am -7pm AST (It may be necessary, given the business need, to work ocassional overtime on weekends and holidays)
- English & Spanish proficiency (verbal and written)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Claims Experience
- Experience in processing adjustments
- Experience with healthcare/medical terminology
- Working knowledge of Medicaid claims filing experience
- Working knowledge of Cosmos/CSP Facets platforms
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.