UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Global Security arm of UnitedHealthcare Global, located in Sugar Land, Texas, provides multiple travel security services, including intelligence and monitoring support to multiple companies and organizations. The Watch Officer is responsible for the production of intelligence alerts, destination security briefings and other products for an assigned region during overnight and weekend hours. This position is accountable for researching raw information and critically analyzing such to generate assessments.
- Provide primary support for the Intelligence division and company overall during overnight, weekend and holiday hours. Specific shift hours vary; overnight 12 hours shifts generally run from 5 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Provide consistent and constant monitoring of world news and events and ensure that proper protocols are followed when drafting event summaries and incident alerts
- Produce intelligence reports and other related products. Products include, but are not limited to, online global databases, customized security briefings, worldwide incident monitoring alerts, special reports, daily security event summaries and more
- Serve as primary interface for the company during off hours; promote a customer-oriented business work ethic
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [Register to View] target="_blank">http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in International Studies, Political Science, Area Studies with a defined focus on geopolitical affairs OR 5+ years of experience in international security affairs
- Ability to work evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays
- 6+ months of experience displaying exceptional writing skills for a business environment or as part of university course work (Writing test will be administered - in person interview is contingent upon completion and satisfactory results as determined by the hiring manager)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's degree (or higher) from an accredited university or college with a defined focus on international affairs, security/intelligence issues
- Strong knowledge of and interest in current affairs at a global or regional level
- Proficiency in reading and speaking foreign languages and/or previous travel or residency outside the United States
- Experience using social media to track global developments
Skills and Character Traits:
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent writing skills appropriate for this position and the business environment. The ability to condense information quickly and present analysis and conclusions in a concise manner. Must be able to think from the client’s perspective
- Ability to follow protocols in emergency, rapidly developing situations
- Ability to multi-task efficiently under fluid and sometimes stressful situations is essential
- Must articulate well with excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision-making and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Off-business hours schedule, including overnight hours (generally 12-hour shifts), weekends and holidays
- Extended work hours may be required due to scheduling issues and/or significant regional/global security situations
- Occasional domestic travel for client meetings, conferences, etc. may be required
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families, and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.