Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry—everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
The Project Coordinator position will be a key role on the Vermont Health Insurance Exchange (HIX) Maintenance & Operations (M&O) team. This role will be responsible for consolidating and organizing information produced by the M&O and, more specifically, the Project Management organization (PMO). The Project Coordinator will work closely with the team and its leads to ensure timely delivery of high-quality deliverables, documentation, and communication. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as desire to learn and grow in the role, are extremely important for this position.
The Project Coordinator will also develop reports for both internal and external client stakeholders on project updates, risks & issues, and critical release schedules. This role will be an active member of the PMO and will ensure the engagement adheres to agreed-upon processes and service level agreement (SLA) criteria for both internal and external clients.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to work in office and telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide support to the PMO team on project management activities including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation and other areas
- Work closely with project managers on all project delivery and documentation efforts
- Manage the engagement documentation and client deliverables process, including timely delivery of weekly, monthly, and annual client reports
- Develop project artifacts, following documented business processes. These will be developed in partnership with project leadership and stakeholders
- Work with project team to track delivery against assigned tasks
- Drive delivery process to ensure various methodologies come together and team meets agreed-upon scope within committed timeframes and budget
- Communicate regularly and effectively with engagement leadership to provide understanding of project parameters and issues, escalating to leadership when necessary
- Provide support for the PMO team in capturing meeting minutes and coordinating key meetings
- Assist with the maintenance of the engagement SharePoint site
- Facilitate meetings and interactions to achieve delivery objectives
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting to both internal teams and external client stakeholders
- This is a hybrid role - candidates must be local to the Burlington, VT area as it will be required to come into the office 1-2 days per week
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years of equivalent project coordination experience
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- PMP certification
- 1+ years of experience of project coordination or project management experience
- 1+ years of experience gathering and working through business and/or technical requirements
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years of experience communicating with leadership
- Understanding of standard project and development lifecycles
- Experience compiling and following budgets
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good interpersonal skills to interact successfully with project managers, clients and support personnel
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [Register to View] .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.