Director, Pharmacy Operations - Complex Care
A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Pharmacy Operations, Complex Care will be responsible for aligning pharmacy programs and day to day operations at multiple pharmacies around the needs of our customers. This will require listening to our clients’ needs and creating a great customer experience. This individual will need to think of large scale out of the box solutions and innovative ways to continually grow our business. The Director will need to develop, retain, and acquire top talent to meet the evolving needs of the business. This individual will be a servant leader who invests in creating an inclusive environment that fosters innovation, employee development and a highly engaged, top performing leadership team and workforce. There will be a multiple level of stakeholders, complexities, compliance adherence and balancing priorities amongst several different locations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides strategic direction and manage the operations across multiple pharmacies
- Invests time with multiple clinic partnerships to develop and enhance the relationships
- Develops innovative ways to capture new patients and overall business growth
- Collaborates well with internal business partners and vendors to communicate strategic vision to provide more value-add partnerships
- Acts as a Talent Steward by motivating and developing a high-performance management team; attract, recruit, and retain world-class talent
- Leads efforts and model behaviors that encourage maximum team performance and engagement
- Creates a culture that promotes inclusion, diversity, fostering innovation, collaboration, and employee development
- Ensures all pharmacy operational standards are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and follow the Board of Pharmacy protocol
- Responsible for all the financial performance and budget at the assigned region
- Complies with all HIPAA rules and regulations
- Ensures security measures are taken to avoid theft or loss within pharmacy sites
- Serves as liaison between Genoa and the Community Mental Health Centers we serve
Management Success Practices:
- Being Customer-Centric: focus the team on the customer and design from the outside in. They find out what their customers want, then design processes and plan the work to create a better customer experience
- Cultivating Team Engagement: be responsible for creating and maintaining a high level of engagement with team members and others. The interpersonal climate that exists in a team is the combined result of how well each member works with others, deals with motivational ups and downs, resolves conflict, and communicates optimism and energy
- Facilitating Execution Plans: translate an enterprise strategy into a workable local tactical plan. Managers must decide what path to follow, what tasks need to be done and by whom, how progress is going to be measured, what resources are needed and what contingency plans to put in place if something goes wrong. Finally, the plan needs to be properly communicated so everyone on the team can follow it.
- Fostering Innovation: adapt and innovate in response in response to changes in customer sentiment and conditions surrounding the team. Creating the conditions to be restless, stay curious and foster innovation requires that managers listen without judgement and employees stay open to change and are willing to explore new ideas and possibilities
- Acquiring, Assessing and Deploying Talent: responsible for sourcing, screening, hiring, onboarding, orientation, deploying, training, developing, and terminating employment when that is called for
- Growth Mindset: with a growth mindset you are positive, optimistic, and confident things will get better and turn out well. You stay curious, expect success and are courageous
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of pharmacy operations experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Must be able to travel up to 75%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree; Pharmacy degree
- BCACP (Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist)
- BCGP (Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (verbal, listening) skills
- Adhering to the highest ethical standards
- High level of business acumen
- Multi-site pharmacy operations leadership experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.