Manager, Data Analytics - Inpatient Clinical Performance
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are responsible for providing administrative support to hospitalists including but not limited to: sending daily email distribution lists, generating various data for reports, keeping track of incoming faxes and emails, maintaining calendar schedules, and other operational duties.
- Leads the analytical talent for Inpatient Reporting
- Presents recurringly to regional inpatient and inpatient care management leadership on key metrics, priorities, and progress-to-goals
- Enhances key metrics available to leadership for deeper understanding and measurement of processes
- Communicates with hospitalists on inquires and for process diagramming
- Responds timely to ad hoc analytical requests
- Member of the Inpatient Risk-Adjustment Council
- Maintains data reporting and back-end tables for all Hospital and SNF admissions data.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a 2-year college
- 3+ years of experience in the healthcare industry including 2+ years of leading people
- Ability to generate and organize data into reports and distributing accordingly
- Ability to project manage initiatives that are uncovered by data owned by position
- Able to quickly become proficient in EHR & Utilization Management software navigation
- Deep understanding of managed care priorities, hospitalist workflow, and best practice data structure hygiene
- Advanced in Microsoft SQL server
- Excel & Powerpoint expertise
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's Degree in Healthcare or Business
- 4+ years of experience in the managed care industry including at least 2 years of leading people
- Ability to maintain veracity of large data sets while allowing for flexible connectivity to the data
- Ability to manage analytical talent to their highest ability
- Comfortable presenting to executive leaders through concise, value-add meetings
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.