Clinic LPN WellMed - Treasure Coast
Offering a $2500 Sign-On Bonus for External Applicants
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The LPN organizes the clinical environment in patient care situations. Support includes but is not limited to assisting the ARNP, including those skills listed under Job Functions below along with various other procedures as directed by the ARNP. They also complete FOC screenings and documents those results on the encounter form. The LPN should communicate data to the ARNP or other specified members of the clinical team within the provider’s office as needed and deliver quality customer service, ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality. This position will also perform all duties within the scope of an LPN, including Focus on Care screenings, phlebotomy, and collection of vital signs.
This position requires local travel up to 50-75%
- Review the patient history in ePRG for contraindications to FOC screening procedures
- Room patients according to company standards
- Perform all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse, including DPN testing, Quantaflo testing, spirometry testing, administration of the PHQ9, DRE examinations, phlebotomy, administration of FOBT / FIT tests, scheduling mammograms or colonoscopies as appropriate, and schedules patient return visit to provider’s office
- Organize, clean and stock assigned FOC equipment and lab supplies as needed to bring to all field visits
- Communicate patient concerns, inability to collect FOC tests, and observed patient issues to the WellMed ARNP if present, or the delegated clinical representative in the provider’s office at the time of the patient screening
- Completing FOC skills assessments of providers
- Completing all patient packets and testing procedures in a timely manner and ensuring that those results are submitted to the proper person within the PSU and a copy is left with the delegate at the provider’s office
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current unrestricted Florida LPN license or compact license
- Current CPR certification or willing to obtain within 30 days
- 2+ years of related LPN clinical experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Computer literacy with ability to complete basic EXCEL spreadsheets
- Willingness and ability to travel locally up to 75%
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- 3+ years of LPN experience in a medical setting
- Extensive phlebotomy experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi - specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job keywords: LPN, Managed Care, Field, Assessments, Phlebotomy, Excel, Medicare, Medical Terminology, ICD-10, Clinical, Field, Travel, Case Manager, Port St Lucie, Port Saint Lucie, FL, Florida