Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UMR offers tailored programs designed to enhance clinical outcomes and reduce costs to customers. UMR offers best-in-class programs and care management services to help customers receive the right care at the right time in the right place. In this role a Disease Management Case Manager will aid in changing our members’ behavior regarding their chronic condition(s). Telephonic interactions with members are structured around behavior change theory and seek to assist individuals make healthy lifestyle changes. Health education and promoting self-advocacy are also key tools in this role.
You will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
This part time role requires 20 hours per week - at least 5 hours will be required to work after 5:00pm.
- Patient engagement and retention in specific Disease Management Programs - Diabetes, Hypertension, CAD, Heart Failure, Asthma, COPD, Depression, Breast, Lung, Prostate and Colorectal Cancers, Hepatitis C, HIV, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Myasthenia Gravis, Sickle Cell Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chronic Kidney Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and Crohn’s Disease
- Utilizes established standards of care to identify and address members’ gaps in care
- Utilizing motivational interviewing techniques for assisting members to move through the stages of behavioral change
- Working with members to set and achieve SMART goals
- Coaching individuals to make lifestyle changes to reduce risk of disease processes
- Document clinical information completely, accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show pro-active behavior in addressing customer/member needs
- Ensure that sensitive member medical information is treated with respect and appropriate levels of confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA regulations
- Educate and empower members to ensure treatment adherence, satisfaction of management of condition, and promote member advocacy
- Identify compliance and quality improvement opportunities, and initiate corrective actions
- RN license, active and unrestricted, in the state of residence
- Chronic Care Professional (CCP) or able to obtain after 1 year
- 3+ years of nursing experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting
- Ability to obtain multi-state RN Licensure
- Access to high-speed internet from home (Broadband Cable, DSL, Fiber) and a dedicated workspace from home
- Proficient Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows 10)
- Computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records and provide customer service on the phone concurrently
- Availability to work 20 hours per week
- BSN degree or higher
- Compact license
- Experience working in Case Management or Disease Management
- Motivational interviewing and coaching experience
- Diabetic educator experience
- ICU, Cardiology or Critical Care experience
- Solid working knowledge of hypertension and/or diabetes
- Bilingual with English/Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.