Field Case Manager RN
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We're making a strong connection between exceptional patient care and outstanding career opportunities. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. As a Telephone Case Manager RN with UnitedHealth Group, you'll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today!
Field Case Manager RN will be working with patients primarily in a facility setting. They perform as part of a care team including a Nurse Practitioner, Behavioral Health Advocate, Care Navigator and other supporting team members. They deliver role appropriate patient care through visits, telephonic outreach and consultations, and interdisciplinary team activities.
The Field Case Manager RN may perform care and counsel of the ill, injured, or infirm, in the promotion and maintenance of health with individuals, groups, or both throughout the life span. They help to manage health problems and coordinate health care for the patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. This includes (but is not limited to) assessment of health status, development and implementation of plan of care, and ongoing evaluation of patient status and response to the plan of care. Clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other care team members
The hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm
Location: Center City, Northeast Philadelphia.
- Reports to Clinical Services Manager
- Assess the health status of members as within the scope of licensure and with the frequency established in the model of care
- Establish goals to meet identified health care needs
- Plan, implement and evaluate responses to the plan of care
- Work collaboratively the multidisciplinary team to engage resources and strategies to address medical, functional, and social barriers to care
- Works closely with mental health clinicians to help bridge the gap between mental and physical health
- Consult with the patient’s PCP, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate
- Assess patient needs for community resources and make appropriate referrals for service
- Facilitate the patient’s transition within and between health care settings in collaboration with the primary care physician and other treating physicians
- Completely and accurately document in patient’s electronic medical record
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, condition trajectory and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit
- Verify and document patient and/or family understanding of condition, plan of care and follow up recommendations
- Actively participate in organizational quality initiatives
- Participate in collaborative multidisciplinary team meetings to optimize clinical integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of care delivery
- Maintain credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, certification (if applicable) and CEUs
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of UnitedHealthcare and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of compassion, integrity, performance, innovation and relationships in the care provided to our members
- Make outbound calls and receive inbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Strong computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be strongly patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [Register to View]
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Nursing (RN) or 2 plus years nursing experience
- Current unrestricted and active Registered Nurse license in the state of PA
- Valid Driver's license, current automobile insurance with access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- 2+ years of experience in a hospital, acute care or direct care setting
- 1+ year experience in assessing the medical needs of patients with complex behavioral, social and/or functional needs
- Basic Microsoft Office skills with the ability to navigate in a Window's environment, including use of Electronic Medical Records
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work with diverse care teams in a variety of settings including non-clinical setting
- 1+ years of experience working with the geriatric population
- Effective Communication skills and time management
- A background in managed care
- Case management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review or risk management
- Previous experience in a telephonic role
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [Register to View] .
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.