Elite Super Advocate - Remote in California
If you are located in the state of California, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
As Super Elite Advocate for UnitedHealthcare, you’ll be the support and backbone of the Elite model. As a Super Elite, you are the Subject Matter Expert on your dedicated client team, as well as knowledgeable and proficient in the other Chico Elite clients, Advocate4Me and Elite processes and policies. A large portion of your day is spent responding to live Assist and Escalation inquiries and owning those issues through resolution. Patience and flexibility are essential! During your logoff time you may be asked to pivot between a variety of tasks as needed on a daily basis. Responsibilities might include inventory reporting, coaching and auditing Elite Advocate calls and inquiries, digging into a metric or performance trend to gain more understanding, working an urgent escalation, putting together job aids, and facilitating coaching or small group trainings.
You are able to research independently, stay organized, work with your peer Super team, and maintain a positive and upbeat attitude. You may attend meetings with the Account Management Team and work directly with your client’s Service Account Manager. Strong written and verbal communication skills are crucial! This is a unique opportunity to develop your leadership skills while developing others through mentorship and daily support. You will learn to use additional tools that will assist you in gaining a better understanding of the team dynamic.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6:00am - 8:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide premium level service, removing burdens and providing end-to-end resolution for members. This includes, but is not limited to: Clinical, Financial Decision Support, Behavioral Support, Claims inquiries, and more.
- Provide single point of contact for the member.
- Respond to and own consumer inquiries and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility, claims, financial spending accounts, correspondence, OptumRx Pharmacy, Optum Behavioral Health and self-service options.
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member.
- Educate members about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to include managing their health and well-being so they can select the best benefit plan options and maximize the value of their health plan benefits.
- Advocate and intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the member to assist with appointment scheduling, billing concerns, and coverage determinations.
- Assist the member with resolution as their advocate with 3rd party vendors
- Assist members in navigating [Register to View] and other UnitedHealth Group websites or applications utilizing remote desktop system capabilities
- Communicate and keep consumer informed through the means in which they prefer, i.e. Phone Call, e-mail, etc.
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve member issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues.
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of conversation effectiveness, call quality, member satisfaction, first call resolution, efficiency and attendance.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) or equivalent years of experience.
- Completion of Tier II training
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between 6am-8pm
- 1+ years of consumer services experience as an E&I Advocate4Me
- Experience in Health Care/Insurance environment, preferred (Familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- 6+ months Experience as Team Lead or Coach
- Reside in the state of California
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills adaptable to live phone conversations as well as e-mail or chat exchanges that drive a trusted relationship based on ownership reducing customer effort
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [Register to View]
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [Register to View]
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.