Technical Product Manager, Digital Healthcare Products - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an imaginative leader with a passion for healthcare and great software, and a record of driving the evolution of complex internally-developed software portfolios aligned with strategic business goals and operational needs. Qualified candidates will have experience interacting closely with executive team members, customers, product owners, business systems analysts, software architects, and other key stakeholders to understand customer needs, identify potential products, quantify product benefits, gather strategic requirements, develop multi-year roadmaps, coordinate production timelines, and define time-integrated plans for product introduction.
As a Technical Product Manager, Digital Healthcare Products, you will be vital to our success and drive future growth. In this role you will provide leadership in the management and development of products. You will be empowered to do your best to develop the strategy and vision for product roadmaps that align with data strategies, establish collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, gather accurate requirements and evaluate product performance to enhance our mission of helping people live healthier lives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. But must be able to work Pacific Time Zone hours
- Think strategically, and creatively, about how data and user management initiatives and stakeholder experience should work - translating a vision to processes and requirements
- Drive product and business planning processes across cross-functional teams within the company
- Analyze user/customer needs and current market trends to develop epic-level solutions
- Evaluate partnerships and solutions from an ROI and make vs buy perspective
- Interact with executive management to align product strategy with the overall business strategy, mission and goals
- Influence data and user management innovation across teams to ensure aligned, cohesive progress across technology, marketing, and service operations
- Engage business partners regularly to solicit feedback and identify opportunities to create new products and/or improve existing products
- Provide guidance to product owners, managers and delivery teams to continuously assess and prioritize the impact of planned software features so that the highest value work is delivered at the soonest possible time
- Manage communications to ensure stakeholders are informed of investment planning, changes, and execution progress across the portfolio
- Engage in quarterly roadmapping and prioritization efforts at the portfolio and solution level
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product owners, business systems analysts and others to develop product roadmap
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, computer science or related field
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile software development environment with a track record of delivering multiple successful products to production
- 2+ years of experience working as a product manager in an enterprise software product delivery environment
- Experience in working in healthcare
- Must be able to work Pacific Time hours
- Ability to travel 20%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience deploying digital healthcare solutions at scale
- Proficiency with work item and defect tracking management systems (e.g., Aha!, Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, Jira, Rally, etc.)
- Familiarity with a range of business areas related to healthcare delivery (e.g., medical management, utilization management, claims management, transaction services, network operations, RAF and coding, marketing, accounting, finance)
- Diplomatic with solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Relatable public speaker with effective presentation skills
- Engaged learner with the ability to quickly absorb and understand complex information
- Solid attention to detail and track record of producing quality work
- Team player with a great work ethic
- Effective networker who values collaboration and brings people together to find optimal solutions
- Comfortable pushing management and delivery teams to decisions, and willing to push back for information and answers
- Self-motivated and able to perform without significant supervision
- Ability to quickly identify and communicate product delivery risks
- Ability to collaborate and mentor new and existing team members
- Ability to translate product strategy and user needs into detailed requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of recognizing, articulating, and quantifying benefits of (and drawbacks to) proposed products and changes
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.