Agile Practitioner 3 - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- PI Planning: Facilitate PI Planning readiness by facilitating a continual grooming process which drives the development of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs
- Establish MVP for every PI, sprint, prioritize based on value and deliver Business values to customers
- Track the execution of features and capabilities
- Facilitate critical path delivery conversations including cross products and application dependency planning
- Maintain a cross-product/application schedule
- Track program financials and ensure budgets are being adhered to
- Manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings such as SoS, Solution Reviews at the Program/Initiative Level (with PO, PM, SA, BO, Dev Leads, other impacted application RTEs)
- Assist with prioritization decisions by facilitating feature and capability estimation
- Leads cross-product initiatives that spans multiple domain / product / application and/or lead high complexity initiatives in support of a product
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile concepts and execution
- Encourage collaboration between teams and Solution Architects
- Work with the various stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Facilitate System/Solution Demos
- Assess the agile maturity level of the Scrum Teams and help them improve
- The ability to generate detailed project status reporting (including critical path impact, dependencies, milestones, resources, cost, work breakdown structures, etc.)
- The ability to work in a matrix environment across cross functional teams
- Solid negotiation skills
- Adapts/implements methodologies approved by the organization to fit project or program
- Collaborates with team to identify and understand roadblocks/challenges
- Develops multiple project/programs plans that include milestones, tasks, dependencies, critical path, and resource assignments
- Interprets metrics and recommends appropriate actions
- Pro-actively identifies options and/or additional opportunities or actions needed to meet objectives
- Team facilitation expertise including tailoring communication to audience, conveying appropriate sense of urgency and relevant information
- Manage 1-2 releases/workstreams what have an E2E delivery plan
- Maintains calm and focus under pressure
- Values and seeks other’s opinions to support progress
- Demonstrates a coachable mindset
- Flexible and adaptive in the face of change and obstacles
- Manage 2+ releases/workstreams as per the E2E delivery plan
- Tailors approach across generally accepted project management methodologies (LeSS, agile, scrum, waterfall, hybrid, including internal OSAM)
- Produce Project Strategy, develop extensive and/or multiple program plans that include milestones, tasks, dependencies, critical path, and resource assignments that can cross domains.
- Defines and creates business, technical, and financial performance metrics
- Demonstrates anticipation, instinct, and timing with executive communication when the opportunity arises and has ability to think on their feet and adapt quickly
- Advocates position and has tenacity to drive to objectives
- Anticipates needs of audience by preparing options and recommendations
- Thoughtfully considers the ask, grounding it in the reality of what can and can't be influence
- Anticipates the need for change and times for transitions, develops detailed change plans of the need
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of working with all aspects of System Development Life Cycle
- 6+ years of IT Project Management experience
- 3+ years of experience as Release Train Engineer and/or Scrum Master on a large Agile project
- Experience with CA Agile/Rally, Aha, and PPMO Optics
- Proficiency with MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- PMP Certification
- Agile Certification
- Proficiency with MS Project
- Proficiency with MS Visio
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.