Change Management & Communications Manager - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Change Management and Communications Manager, will have exceptional written and verbal communication, planning and organizational skills. They will be responsible for engaging key stakeholders and driving change adoption in support of large-scale client engagements. They will excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and maintain meticulous attention to detail. We are looking for innovative and creating thinkers inspired to participate in a new and groundbreaking client-centric approach to healthcare outsourcing.
If you are able to work typical day hours in EST, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitate communications and change management activities with Optum and client executives
- Act as a change agent to the business and design processes and approaches, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation
- Actively engage client counterpart in change readiness and change management strategies for successful rollout of partnership initiatives
- Educate, coach, and influence leadership behaviors to drive change efforts and model project sponsor capabilities
- Ensure that desired changes are adopted and sustained over the long-term (e.g., behaviors, processes, metrics.)
- Facilitate workshops/events both in-person and virtually to build alignment and change readiness
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty, clarity of direction and employee satisfaction
- Draft, proof and distribute communication-related deliverables in a timely manner
- Project management: track action items, request follow ups, and take proactive actions to support engagement and project deliverables
- Coordinate meetings by preparing and distributing materials, including agendas, pre-read materials, and minutes
- Ensure reports and operational tasks are completed within stated deadlines and follow set policies and procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of recent equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in roles requiring strong project management and change management skills
- Working knowledge and experience applying at least one evidenced based change management methodology (Prosci, Kotter, 7-S).
- Experience working with executive level stakeholders
- MS Office proficiency particularly PPT and Excel
- Demonstrated self-starter with solid planning, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Understanding of organizational development and/or change management methodology
- Proven experience of successfully delivering projects in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Flexible, agile and adaptable to change
- Comfort with ambiguity and working across multiple matrixed environments
- Multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Solid presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, including development of communication plans
- Ability to travel up to 25%
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.