Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurse - LPN LVN - Independent Therapies
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides direct patient care for assigned patients in compliance with physician orders, state nurse practice laws, company policies and procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Administers intravenous medication in accordance with physician orders and state nurse practice laws.
- Assists Home Therapy RN/Coordinator in the identification, evaluation, and training of candidates for the home dialysis program.
- Responsible for accurate documentation of information related to the patients training and treatment. Ensures that the information is documented appropriately in the individual patient record and entered into the Medical Information System.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring, assessment, and intervention for home patients including: home visits, clinical appointments, additional training sessions or reviews, lab studies and annual studies such as x-ray and EKG. Responds appropriately to problems or emergencies ensuring the correct actions are taken to achieve resolution.
- Responsible for compliance with patient supply procedures, appropriate documentation and ensuring maintenance of all durable medical equipment, i.e. preventative maintenance, water analysis.
- Performs monthly chart audits and reports results to RN/Coordinator or Manager.
- Monitors the Peritonitis Rate and PET test results. Reports the outcomes to the attending physician(s), the Quality Assurance Committee, and Home Therapy RN/Coordinator or Manager.
- Under the direction of the Home Therapy RN/Coordinator or Manager, collaborates with the physician to make changes in patient treatment plans as needed.
- Collaborates with Home Therapy RN/Coordinator or Manager and physician to schedule back-up treatments when necessary.
- Participates in education of pre-dialysis and existing ESRD patients regarding treatment options.
- Prepares home supply inventory packages and monitors for efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains current knowledge base in the operation of all dialysis related equipment that is utilized in the program and in the field, i.e., hemodialysis machines, water treatment systems, peritoneal cyclers, and peritoneal assist devices. Acquires information and knowledge in current practices related to dialysis principles and techniques by participating in scheduled in-service classes.
- Trouble-shoots equipment problems with the patient via telephone communication and ensures appropriate resolution.
- Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
- Participates in staff meetings as scheduled.
- Assists in short term and long term patient care plan meetings.
- Assists with provision of educational in-services regarding home therapies to in-center staff, hospitals, or nursing programs as needed. Participates in training to facility staff in the principles, concepts and practice of the FMS Customer Service Model.
- Acts as a resource person for other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned
Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- One year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Hemodialysis experience preferred but not required.
- ICU experience preferred but not required.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Successfully complete CPR certification.
- Must complete the Nurses Technical Training Program upon hire or soon thereafter.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.