Senior Clinical Admin Nurse - Remote in PST or MST time zones
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Clinical Admin Nurse is responsible for providing individualized attention to UMR membership and covered families and serves to assist with navigation of the health care system. The purpose of the clinical liaison nurse is to help individuals live their lives to the fullest by supporting coordination and collaboration with multiple and external partners including consumers and their families/caregivers, medical, and other clinical teams.
If you are located in the PST or MST time zone, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide members with tools and educational support needed to navigate the health care system and manage their health concerns effectively and cost efficiently
- Assist members with locating appropriate providers
- Teach members how to navigate UMR internet-based wellness tools and resources
- Outreach to membership providing pre-admission counseling to membership
- Outreach to membership providing discharge planning to membership and caretakers
- Track all activities and provide complete documentation to generate customer reporting
- Accept referrals via designated processes, collaborate in evaluating available services, and coordinate necessary medical care and community referrals as needed
- Comply with all policies, procedures and documentation standards in appropriate systems, tracking mechanisms and databases
- Contribute to treatment plan discussions
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent experience
- Active RN license in state of residence
- 2+ years of managed care experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced Degree
- 2+ years of behavioral health experience
- 2+ years of utilization management experience
- Remote work experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- Able to function independently and responsibly with minimal supervision
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.