Business Services Representative II - The Everett Clinic - Everett, WA
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Services department is seeking a Business Services Representative II to join their team full time. Ability to work hybrid (remote and in-person) after in-person training for approximately 6-8 weeks in Everett, WA.
Schedule: 40 hours a week. Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm; schedule may vary depending on team and training.
Under general supervision, responsible to ensure services provided to Everett Clinic patients are fully and correctly reimbursed by third-party carriers and patients in a timely manner, including the handling of paper and electronic correspondence and payments received for revenue cycle management. Focus on customer service when working with patients, clinical departments and carriers to ensure service questions and charge disputes are handled promptly and professionally. Demonstrate proficiency in job category skills through training, audit and certification to standard work. Flexible regarding work assignment based on certified skills and job categories to meet customer demand.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
Certified team members will participate in providing coverage across skill areas as needed.
- Payment Entry
- Process manual payments and 0-pay explanation of benefit
- Initiate carrier denial appeals
- Process Remittance and work error work queues
- Research and Credit WQ
- Payment and Cashiering Processing
- Batching processing incoming insurance checks and remittance
- Process Cash Bags and Perform Cash on Hand Audit
- Processing Patient Payments
- EDI Support: Claims Logic, Carrier Check/ACH & File tracking
- Cash reconciliation: Balancing Cash documents to AR
- Claim Edit Work Queues and Paper Bills
- Process Claim Edit Work Queue Errors
- Process paper bills and attachments
Duties listed below are integrated into all job functions:
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic
- Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction
- Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently
- Completes annual compliance training on HIPAA/Privacy/Confidentiality/Non-Discrimination/Harassment/Integrity Statement and signs Agreements
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA guidelines and TEC policies
- Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal regulations
- Has regular and predictable attendance
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 2% Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Basic Skill Certification: (Required for all positions except Payment Room)
- Advanced Building Account Coverage
- Perform AR and Account Research
- Charge Correction & NRP
- Retro adjudication
- Posting Adjustments
- Issue refunds to insurance
- Ability to obtain certification in basic job category and one skill competency category after 6 months of job placement
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- CPC Certification
- Customer service or billing experience
- Working knowledge of CPT & Diagnosis Coding, Medical Terminology, and basic Anatomy
- Good Computer skills, minimum typing skill of 40 wpm
- Solid interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and assist others to do the same
- Competent in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, patients, community, and external agencies
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with managers, staff, customers, patients, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals.
Typical Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typical office conditions and noise level is usually quiet. Interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Contact: Physicians, employees, patients, public and possibly vendors.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.