Surgical Technologist $5,000 Sign On Bonus Los Angeles, CA
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
Full Time Surgical Tech Opportunity in a vascular surgery center
Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 4:00PM - No evenings, weekends or Call
Must have HS Diploma
Quarterly bonus opportunity
Excellent benefits! Medical, dental, paid maternity & paternity leave, vision, 401K w/ match, PTO, tuition assistance, life insurance, Long Term and Short Term disability, Flexible Spending for Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Expenses
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the USV/FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and USV/FMS policy requirements.
Under the direct supervision of the Facility Manager or Chief Radiology Technologist, performs scrub and circulating duties during interventional procedures according to USV/FMS policies and procedures. Assists with preparation of procedure room, inventory of supplies and stocking of supplies in the procedure room and stock room.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the maintenance and setting up of the procedure room in compliance with FMCNA/USV policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Stocks procedure room and procedure trays with all needed supplies and interventional equipment prior to procedure.
- Cleans the procedure room including the equipment and machinery post procedure.
- May assist with preparing the patient for the surgical procedure by positioning, shaving and prepping.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician, practicing in compliance with state regulations
- Prepares and administers medications within the scope of practice and state regulations
- Performs patient transfers and positioning of patients and transports patient to and from procedure room.
- Acts as scrub assistant assisting the physician during interventional procedures under fluoroscopy; maintaining a sterile technique according to the established company policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy, and Medication in the Sterile Field Competency.
- Performs circulating duties in the procedure room.
- Complies with HIPAA policies and standards in regards to patient confidentiality.
- Assists with maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics. Ensures all areas are clean, sanitary and safe on a daily basis Ensures all facility equipment and instruments are in proper working condition by inspecting equipment on a daily basis before and after procedures.
- May perform minor equipment repairs and general upkeep. Communicate problems to supervisor and document issues in the communications log.
- Assists with disposal of hazardous waste materials, dirty linen and rugs.
- May assist with instrument sterilization and packaging of surgical instruments.
- Assists with preparing, organizing, and efficiently utilizing supplies and equipment to prevent wastage.
- Provides outstanding quality of patient care by supporting and driving USV quality standards through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of USV/FMS CQI tools.
- Assists with implementing USV quality goals and facility specific action plans in order to achieve USV quality standards.
- Maintains integrity of medical records and other USV administrative and operational records.
- Complies with all data collection and auditing activities.
- Provides clerical and practical support to physicians and staff:
- Works with the physicians and staff to have all necessary instruments and equipment are on hand.
- May print images and send to the physician.
- May assist with training and orienting new employees on the medical equipment.
- Files paperwork in patient files according to policies and procedures.
- Assists with inventory, ordering of supplies and re-stocking of supplies.
- May process x-ray images after acquisitions.
- May archive patient images to a CD or DVD to comply with USV policies and procedures for patient medical records and state regulations.
- Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds. Must be able to stand in a protective apron for up to 45-60 minutes.
- High School Diploma required
- Surgical Technologist Certification as required by state regulation
- All appropriate state licensure, and or certification education and training (if any) required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 - 2 years' related experience.
- Previous patient care experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of interventional equipment (including C-Arm and Ultrasound equipment), procedures and materials/supplies needed for each procedure. Knowledge of sterile techniques.
- Experience with special procedures utilizing a C-Arm preferred.
- Knowledge of universal precautions and personal protective devices to be utilized when operating radiology systems.
- Successfully complete BLS certification.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.