RN Nurse Manager Facility Administrator, Clinical
Nursing degree or clinical certification as a Radiology Tech, Surg Tech Or RVT required.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Facility Administrator is responsible for the leadership of the clinical facility ensuring all clinical, operational, and business objectives are met. The Facility Administrator is authorized to make daily decisions to ensure patient and staff safety, the execution of some tasks may be delegated to the nursing leader where appropriate. Develops a culture of trust, empowerment, and collaboration among all center staff. The Facility Administrator shall ensure that the Center complies with the requirements of any governmental or regulatory body having jurisdiction in the premises. Assists the Medical Staff to ensure that medical practices and procedures meets applicable standards. Ensures provision of quality patient care and the role is responsible to the ASC Governing Body for clinical reporting and for operational oversight.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Environment of Care & Quality
- Manage site employees, environment, clinical processes and procedures, and workflow to deliver high quality of patient care
- Ensure compliance of state requirements and licensure updates including understanding of CLIA requirements, pharmacy requirements, and DEA anesthesia regulations
- Implement and maintain all aspects of Environment of Care requirements for patient safety and NFPA 101: Life Safety Code
- Plan personnel, equipment, and medications needed for medical emergencies; incorporate into Emergency Preparedness Plan; ensure maintenance of equipment
- Ensure proper medical records management and HIPAA compliance
- Oversees the continuous and data driven Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Program of the center, including collection and analyzing of data per policy
- Through the use of internal tools (SoCA, FA Checklist, etc.) and feedback delivered in external inspections, develop facility-specific action plans to achieve ASC quality standards.
- Responsible for managing general liability and risk exposures to patients and employees by conducting risk assessments according standards, regulations and policies, and then developing and implementing an associated center specific management plan.
- Ensure adverse events are reported, documented and necessary follow up is provided in compliance with policy and state requirements
- Ensure effective communication with patients, dialysis clinics, hospitals and physician(s), to address any concerns/ issues
- Participate in Governing Body Meetings; included but not limited to coordination of meetings in compliance with Governing Body Bylaws, documentation preparation and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Provide support to the Medical Executive Committee as requested by the Medical Director and in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Maintain compliance with ASC regulations including CMS conditions for coverage, state regulations, and accrediting agency standards where applicable.
- Participate in review business and finances of the site, including financial reports, market trends, and staffing models to ensure efficiencies, manage inventory and expenses, and optimize workflow
- Engage w/ sales partner to develop strategies to find new markets and develop new business opportunities
- Oversee front desk staff to ensure all processes, procedures, and expectations being adhered to, including but not limited to, appropriate scheduling, patient follow-up, and data integrity
- Ensures all staff meet organization's customer service standards
- Collaborate with ancillary departments within center to ensure alignment in meeting center-specific and company-wide goals
- Collaborate with Sales Partner to identify and visit local dialysis clinics as needed to provide information/education on available vascular access services for ESRD patients
- Create and continually enhance internal physician partnerships to optimize patient care and business outcomes
- Act as a liaison between the local dialysis clinics, the Access Center, and physician practices to meet patient needs.
- Facilitate the application process for physician privileges and compliance with Medical Staff By-Laws, including assisting with the credentialing process
- Coordinate inventory/supply management and vendor services to ensure cost containment, timely distribution and competitive pricing, as well as maintain the security and integrity of facility
- Responsible for efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory, supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals as set forth in the annual budget
- Support billing, billing issues and collection activities
- Ensure facility is adequately staffed to meet patient needs and the safety and quality of the employees and patients.
- May assist w/ patient care on an as needed basis and in accordance w/ professional licensure (if applicable)
People Management & Leadership
- Lead, coach, and develop employees to optimize performance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters
- Create a highly engaged and motivated culture, resulting in increased retention and employee morale
- Identify and address performance gaps as appropriate in accordance with company policy
- Drive employee performance review and employee engagement/recognition activities for center
- Participate in the recruitment, interview, and decision-making process to hire new highly-skilled staff
- Ensure appropriate training and oversight of all staff, including front desk employees
- Ensure completion of all employee training, including new hire orientation, compliance training, and mandatory in-service training
- Ensure all required and appropriate documentation is completed, including current licensure
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Minimal travel to regional, Division and Corporate meetings may be required as well.
- The position may provide direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients of up to 200 lbs and assisting with ambulation. Coworkers may provide assistance. The position may require frequent prolonged periods of standing and the employee must be able to bend over. There is a two-person assist program and “material assist” devices for the heavier items.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Responsible for all staff, which may include direct and indirect patient care staff, if incumbent does not possess a RN license, supervision of nursing staff will be provided by a charge nurse/director of nursing.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Advanced Degree desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must meet all state specific requirements for background and education level.
- Successfully complete and maintain BLS Certification
- ASC certification a plus
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 6-8 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum (3) years direct experience or related experience.in healthcare supervisory or administrative role
- Experience in outpatient healthcare operations or an ambulatory surgery center setting preferred
- Experience obtaining and maintaining Medicare certification through an accrediting organization is desirable
- Experience reading, analyzing, and acting on financial and business reports
- Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - experience with medical database software preferred
- Demonstrated leadership/Management skills, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees, performance management and decision making
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of all facility equipment and technology, including but not limited to C-arm, patient monitors, defibrillators, medical recording devices and computers, and all emergency equipment
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.