Field Based Community Health Worker
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities, and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable, and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Field Base Community Health Worker is responsible for assessment, planning and implementing care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care. They also Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs; including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services, and manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact for the member. As a Field Base Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education. The coordinator also addresses social determinant of health such as transportation, housing, and food access. This is a field-based position with a home-based office. You will work from home when not in the field.
Working Schedule: Schedule is Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am to 5pm Central Standard time.
Location: Shreveport, Alexandria, Bossier, and surrounding communities to include Caddo and Bossier Parrish in Louisiana. Local travel up to 75% and mileage is reimbursed at current government rate.
- Assess, plan, and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Utilize both company and community-based resources to establish a safe and effective case management plan for members
- Collaborate with patient, family, and healthcare providers
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs, including financial, psychosocial, community, and state supportive services
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient's needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the healthcare team
- Document all member assessments, care plan and referrals provided
- Accountable to understand role and how it affects utilization management benchmarks and quality outcomes
- You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
- Engage members either face to face or telephonically
- Help member set person-centered SMART goals and develop a care plan to achieve those goals with regular follow up calls and ongoing documentation of progress towards goals met
- Adhere to detailed, specific documentation requirements in the member’s health record
- Proactively engage the member to manage their own health and healthcare using Motivational Interviewing Skills
- As needed, help the member engage with mental health and substance use treatment
- Utilize strong skill sets of managing multiple tasks at a time, being self-motivated, driven toward quality results, managing time well, being very detailed oriented and organized, work well in a team and on your own, and ability to manage multiple deadlines
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: [Register to View] style="color:#045fab">http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 3+ years of equivalent community outreach work experience and\or working knowledge of the Medicaid population
- 1+ year of experience with community outreach/field work experience in a health care setting
- Intermediate computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Access to a designated quiet workspace in your home (separated from non-workspace areas) with the ability to secure Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Ability to travel locally approximately 75% of the time and up to 120 miles round trip with Reliable transportation, that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area, with a current and non-restricted state of Louisiana Driver’s License and State-required insurance
- Must reside within a commutable distance to Shreveport, Alexandria, Bossier, and surrounding communities to include Caddo and Bossier Parrish in Louisiana
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's Degree in a health-related field or social work or Health Care Administration
- Ability to work within a matrix environment where team members are engaged in the success of the team as indirect reports but have a direct reporting relationship to others
- Community Health Worker (CHW) State course completion
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant
- Background in managing populations with complex medical and behavioral needs,
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Experience with electronic charting
- Knowledge of Medicaid population
- Bilingual- Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#RPO, # red