Reporting to the simulation center Directors and Operations
Manager, you will provide technical and coordination support
for simulation-based training. In this role, you will be responsible for setup and operation of high tech computers, simulators and clinical equipment, coordination of audio-visual service and troubleshooting and maintenance and operation of simulators and supplies, including screen-based simulation programs, procedural task training models, virtual reality simulators and full body computerized manikins.
Our Simulation Specialist will also be responsible for coordination and accountability for educational activities and assigned projects and organization and maintenance of simulation facilities, including documentation of best practices.
In this role, you will interact with faculty, staff, students and the
public on a regular basis as a professional representative of the UCLA
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in health-related field,
science, engineering, or education) preferred
- Experience and strong technical skills with audiovisual equipment.
- Experience in coordinating educational activities and
- Physical ability to lift, move, and set up equipment
weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment with
changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Organizational and time management skills to maintain
materials in order, track multiple courses/projects, and follow through
assignments to completion in timely manner.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of
sources and problem solve quickly.
- Able to work evening/weekends.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and clinical experience
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />