Senior Fund Manager-Surgery
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to extramural funding.
- Demonstrated knowledge of University-based research administration policies and procedures governing pre-award administration, proposal development, contracts and grant awards, subcontracts, and other areas relevant to research
- Experience of the University online systems including QDB and application for online downloading of expenses to review and generate reports and budgets; OASIS, PAC, PAC/GUI, PAMs, PANs, NPEAR, Bear's, TOF, and FS).
- Ability to independently perform detailed work with high degree of accuracy as well as analyze fiscal resources, establishes priorities, and makes appropriate recommendations for allocation of funds.
- Skill in analyzing information, problem-solving, budgets, policies and procedures to define problems and/or objectives and formulate logical solutions and conclusions.
- Knowledge of basic math skills; sufficient to calculate percentage, average, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting functions and principals with mathematical skills sufficient to prepare complex calculations and forecasts, to prepare budgets and projections for yearly budgets, and to identify and resolve
- Skill in using a personal computer and computer software such as Excel, Word, Microsoft Mail, MedHub, Bruin Buy and various database programs. Typing skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, grant applications, financial reports, etc. with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to develop systems for reporting and tracking research administration and fund activities , including web-based reporting, informational systems as well as electronic files.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, syntax skills; ability to proofread very detailed materials accurately and compose correspondence as needed.
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as contract and grants applications, awards synopsis, Federal
goals of the Department, PI, grasp sophisticated and/or complex ideas and issues, discern implications of various actions.
- Ability to provide training and review as needed in the areas of University accounting, agency regulations, departmental practices, and technical systems for other dept. staff involved in fund management/contract & grant administration(includes employees at Ad Specialist, Ad. Analyst level).
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />