Sterile Processing Technician I - Main OR Westwood
the Sterile Processing Tech Manager and the Management Services Officers (MSO),
serve as an instrument technician within the Surgical Supply division of the
main operating rooms. Ability to process surgical instrumentation in a
decontamination setting and assembly and sterilization of instrument trays,
which are necessary to provide continuous service for all surgical procedure
rooms. Operate steam and H2O2 sterilizers, sonic equipment, washers, heat
sealers and dumb waiter. Store, date and rotate supplies according to TJC and
- Working knowledge of aseptic
technique, sterile fields and the principles of an Operating Room
- Prefer demonstrated skills in proper maintenance and
cleaning of instrumentation.
- Correct use of various decontamination equipment
and instrument/tray sterilizers.
- Working knowledge of bacteriology and medical
- Oral and written skills to collect and relay
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain
cooperative working relationship with all staff.
- Skill in performing calmly
during emergent and /or stressful situations by taking an appropriate action.
- Skill in working as part of a team. Ability in the correct usage of proper
English grammar and vocabulary to supervise, orient and train team members.
- Ability to lift surgical trays weighing up to 25lbs, handle surgical case carts
weighing 200lbs. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />