RN, Per Diem- Surgery Center PTU/PACU - Westwood
We're seeking a highly-skilled, self-motivated nursing professional graduate of an accredited school of nursing, current active California R.N. licensure and clinical skills applicable to nursing specialty. Ability to perform historical, physical and behavioral status assessments of patients using appropriate framework. Demonstrated skill in the delivery of patient care, utilizing team, total, primary or functional systems. Skill in implementing appropriate nursing interventions on a consistent basis. Writing skills to document accurately interventions and patient response. Ability to develop and implement and evaluate patient care plan actively involving patients, family, and staff. Skill in setting priorities, organizing workload to effectively administer direct patient care. Skill in speaking English clearly and distinctly to interpret and describe patient assessments and identify nursing interventions and direct staff. Ability to work effectively with stress and in crisis situations Ability to comply with departmental standards on punctuality, attendance, dress code and varied work schedules. Knowledge and practice in the proper use of safe body mechanics.Qualifications
* Ability to use and apply effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Ability to use age appropriate principles to surgical patients. Ability to work independently.
* At least 2 years of recent experience in a PACU/ER/ICU setting
* ACLS and PALS Certification
* PCCN Preferred
* Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN. Current and valid California RN license required. Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />