Administrative Supervisor - Pulmonology-Sleep Clinic, Santa Monica (94825984)
In this role, you will serve a a Team Leader for the Pulmonology-Sleep Clinic. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- coordinating the activities of all
staff supporting the area
- interacting with faculty and residents to maximize
patient care, resident education and patient satisfaction
- performing the full range of
administrative and support functions to include assisting in coordinating
patient flow through the clinic, from registration to discharge
- working as a member of the clinic team to
provide smooth outpatient flow resulting in optimum patient satisfaction and
- Ability to work effectively with patients, physicians and staff in a diplomatic and professional manner in order to maximize suite operations.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments and managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in order to provide effective patient care.
- Working knowledge of Epic CareConnect systems to complete on-line transactions, including appointment scheduling, procedure scheduling, the encounter registration system, hospital lab results and medical reports.
- Team Building Skills to include prior supervisory experience.
- Skill in monitoring complex clinician appointment schedules.
- Ability to elicit salient clinical information such as presenting complaints from patients and referring professionals, and make appropriate assignments based on established guidelines.
- Skill in listening perceptively, conveying awareness and responding to patients and visitors with health concerns using tact and discretion.
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly in person and over the telephone, using appropriate grammar and vocabulary in order to share information, effectively communicate, share and obtain information with persons from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to triage patient issues to achieve resolution.
- Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically with patients, their families, and the general public in a high volume, continuous public contact setting.
- Skill in performing with frequent interruptions and/or distractions including the ability to accept equivocal circumstance and respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Typing ability to prepare forms, manuscripts and correspondence with speed and accuracy.
- Skill in operating a computer including work processing software and the ability to enter and maintain accurate patient appointments and schedules utilizing an on-line computer database system.
- Ability to maintain equanimity in the face of resistance, indifference and hostility.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction and in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of assignments.
- Ability to accept directions from supervisors and act promptly.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance plans and types of coverage provided.
- Ability to maintain Charge Worklist in CareConnect
- Ability to maintain Charge Document Reconciliation
- Spanish speaking skills
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />