Infrastructure Engineer I (19245R_Irving)
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will be responsible to provide computer asset management and distribution preparation, perform monthly inventory and cycle counts, and process all disposal and recycling of equipment. You will support branch and corporate applications, leveraging knowledge of current and new technologies. You will provide on premise support for projects and other support teams, and identify trends in incidents and work orders to help to identify solutions and reduce incidents.
- Prepare IT assets for corporate distribution.
- Perform monthly inventory and cycle counts for all equipment.
- Track assets through end-to-end lifecycle.
- Process all disposal and recycling of equipment.
- Identify and escalate issues that arise during work activities.
- Perform asset control activity in support of corporate asset management strategy.
- Use experience gained to provide feedback to leadership on ways to improve efficiencies and automate tasks.
- Assist in forming procurement strategies to optimize technology spend across the organization.
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles through retirement of asset.
- Document and maintain policies and processes required for an effective asset program.
- Provide requirements and oversight to systems managing and tracking the IT assets.
- Responsibility for the quality of asset data within the asset management systems.
- Perform regular audit of processes, data, controls, and security of the IT assets.
- Review and communicate analysis of software license compliance as needed.
- Regular reporting on the asset management program status, plans, and deficiencies.
- Partner with internal teams on asset processes and effectiveness.
- Drive increased automation for asset management process efficiencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Relevant degree preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience required.
- 2+ years of IT Asset Management experience in large enterprise environment required.
- Experience with hardware and software support, troubleshooting, system imaging, hardware break-fix support including laptops, desktops, and printers, refresh, upgrade and deployment projects required.
- Acute awareness and understanding of the Asset Management Lifecycle required.
- Proficient with current versions of MS Windows, Mac OS, and MS Office applications required.
- Knowledge and experience in the following technologies: RemedyForce or other asset/ticketing system, Office 365, Microsoft Intune, JAMF, PC & Apple hardware/software delivery preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, including planning, deploying, monitoring, and recording software license and hardware assets to ensure compliance with internal inventory management vendor contracts preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technologies supporting asset management processes preferred.
- Top notch end-user and customer service skills and communication.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and provide operational support to our various businesses.
- Ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Solid decision making and problem-solving skills.
Estimated Hiring Range:$59,600.00 - $86,450.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.