Pathologists' Assistant (req82846)
Pathologists' Assistant - Greensboro, NC
Monday - Friday 2:30a - 11:00am - Preferred Shift - (However hours can be flexible & can work nights if interested)
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.Minimum Qualifications:
- BS degree
- Must be ASCP certified as a PA with 1 year experience.
- Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Tissue Gross Examinations SOP and 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489.
- One (1) year of surgical gross experience
- Graduate of a NAACLS approved Pathologist Assistant training program
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of surgical specimens for Histologic processing, according to policies and procedures.
- Assure appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling; maintain the integrity of the specimen and patient identification.
- Describe gross anatomic features of routine and non-routine (complex) surgical specimens, ensuring that all lesions, markings and sutures are mentioned.
- Capable of grossing high complexity specimens under direct and indirect supervision, as applicable to training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle broader range of specimens with indirect supervision.
- Escalates more complex/unusual specimens to Exempt Pathologist’s Assistant or Pathologist.
- Record measurements, weight, volume and any abnormal findings as applicable.
- Dissect surgical specimens and prepare tissues for histologic processing.
- May oversee performance of Grossing Technicians
- May provide training to Grossing Technicians
- Complete all associated paperwork.
- Follow the laboratory’s applicable procedures for job-related responsibilities.
- Interact directly with pathologists regarding gross dissection/description activities, including defined specimen types that require direct supervision by a pathologist.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify the histology supervisor/manager, technical supervisor, or director.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Comply with all required Quest Diagnostics corporate continuing education requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.