Portfolio Executive Pharmacy (21013R_Irving)
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
Apexus serves as HRSA’s Prime Vendor for the 340B Drug Pricing Program. We provide access to discounted medications, education and compliance needs and manufacturer refund services to more than 12,200 covered entities serving vulnerable populations. More information about the Prime Vendor Program is available at www.340BPVP.com.
In this role, you will negotiate contracts and manage a portfolio of pharmaceutical suppliers for a multi-billion-dollar drug portfolio business.
- Understand the pharmaceutical health care industry dynamics, competitive structures, and strategies to effectively contract for and market the advantages of Apexus’ products and services.
- Negotiate contracts, manage, operate, and budget for a multibillion-dollar drug portfolio business.
- Negotiate and enforce contract terms and conditions with supply partners through periodic business reviews and strategic planning meetings.
- Perform periodic business reviews and strategic planning meetings with supply partners.
- Understand and evaluate the use of drugs in 340B-eligible hospitals and clinics outpatient drug class of trade.
- Maintain strong business relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers (suppliers) across all pharmaceutical product lines.
- Provide leadership in articulating and educating the detailed advantages of Apexus through effective communication with all internal and external pharmacy industry stakeholders.
- Conduct pharmacy product and market assessments and research to build value propositions for prospective suppliers.
- Conduct ongoing price monitoring and contract maintenance to assure market-relevant pricing.
- Participate in and prepare budgets, forecasts, and revenue plans to measure pharmacy contract performance against program objectives.
- Communicate successes, opportunities, and challenges to Apexus participant advisory councils and other key stakeholders.
- Pharmacy degree required.
- 2 or more years’ experience in pharmacy required.
- 2 or more years’ experience in pharmacy contracting preferred.
- Strategic and rigorous analytical agility while using sound judgment to set objectives is desired.
- Leadership, presentation, and cross-functional interaction skills with a proven track record of delivering results needed.
- Knowledge of the 340B Drug Pricing Program preferred.
- Willingness to travel.
Estimated Hiring Range:$88,900.00 - $132,250.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.