Sr Software System Technologist
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
***This is a work from home position located in North Dakota. Applicant must be able to drive to ND sites periodically for CPE wellness checks and maintenance***
Provide onsite technical support of VESTA 9-1-1 NG9-1-1 applications including advanced troubleshooting of software, preventive maintenance of the communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of the architecture including, but not limited to servers, routers, gateways, and data infrastructure. Maintain, optimize, test and document complex communications systems. Update cases in the ticketing system and provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments.
- Associates degree in Computer Science (or related degree ) or equivalent work experience preferred
- At least 4+ years of work experience in resolving customer technical issues
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certifications or related experience
- In-depth installation, configuration, and troubleshooting experience for Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, Windows 7/10 Operation Systems
- Experience with Windows Domain architecture/integration / Active Directory
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Experience with troubleshooting various server/desktop hardware related issues
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Ability to assist the Technical Support Services Team in training, daily operations, escalations and assignments concerning Technical Support
- Ability to handle stressful situations & troubleshoot critical issues while maintaining effective communication with customers and Motorola management
Desired Qualifications :
- Strong knowledge of VESTA 9-1-1 Applications
- Experience with VMware virtualization suites
- Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) Applications
- Experience with database related technology and administration (SQL Server)
- Experience with Servers (Dell and HP)
- Experience with firewalls and security related applications
- Experience with GIS applications
- Experience with VOIP applications
- Experience with PBX and Premise systems
- Strong telephony knowledge and experience
- Associates degree in Computer Science or 4+ years of work experience in resolving customer technical issues
- Must be able to obtain background and CJIS clearance as required by ND/ITD and MSI
- This is an WFH position but the selected candidate must be able to drive to North Dakota PSAPs for preventative maintenance and troubleshooting when/if an on-site presence is required
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanNo
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.