Repair Technician - Virginia VA05
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation and maintenance of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for a Federal Government agency. Our technicians are FCC and CET Certified/Licensed. The DSC is ISO 9001:2015 registered and FM/UL certified.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance, repair, programming, and alignment tasks of customer equipment as directed by a supervisor.
- Document work performed.
- As needed, assist in the removal and installation of Fixed Network Equipment (FNE) and mobile communications equipment and associated cabling in customer locations/vehicles with close supervision.
- Troubleshoot issues related to equipment installed in vehicles to unit level.
- Troubleshoot FNE equipment to the module level and replace the defective module as necessary. Optimize and tune as required.
- Mentor junior bench technicians.
- Responsible for accurate reporting in time tracking systems each week before the day/time determined by manager.
- Responsible for proper care and maintenance of all assigned company assets.
- Responsible for calibration of assigned test equipment and keeping the test equipment database up to date.
- Responsible for processing all expense reports within the Motorola Solutions HR Guidelines.
- Maintain a tidy and organized workspace.
- Provides guidance in the integration of new tools and test equipment into the bench testing and repair process.
- Must have an understanding of basic electronics and electrical theory.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Skilled in the use of basic electronic test equipment such as DVMs, wattmeters (power meters), communications systems analyzers, radio programming software, etc.
- Skilled in the use of soldering/desoldering tools, hand tools, and power tools associated with equipment repair on the bench.
- Able to use a computer and familiar with common computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and internet browsers.
- Self motivated and able to quickly learn new equipment types and technologies as they are introduced.
- Able to work as a member of a team which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to read electronic schematics and instructions for diagnosing, repairing, installing and removing electronic equipment and components.
- Must be capable of lifting 60 pounds of equipment or radio assemblies and carry 25 pounds consistently.
- Must have a good understanding of vehicle assembly, as well as vehicle electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must have the dexterity to be able to work in cramped locations inside of a vehicle.
- Good understanding of communications systems functionality and technology associated with the customer system(s).
- Trained in basic electronics.
- Approximately four years technical work experience.
- Within six months of hire or promotion, must possess Electronics Technician Associates (ETA) CET Associate certification and ETA Wireless Communications certification (or equivalent).
- Must have product-specific ETA or manufacturer certification(s). For example, mobile radios, portable radios, FNE equipment, etc. depending on specific requirements.
- Associates degree, or technical school certification, or military training in a related field.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain security clearance as required by government
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.